ADMISSION STEPS & REQUIREMENTS
1. PARENT VISIT TO THE SCHOOL:Come to one of our open houses or information evenings, or book an appointment to tour the school.
2. APPLY: Fill out our Application Form. For new families, be sure to include:
the most recent report card (unless student has been home-schooled)
letter from pastor briefly describing your family’s church involvement
signed agreement with the Faith and Basis of St. Timothy’s Classical Academy and A Classical and Christian Approach to Media
$200 application fee, cheque payable to St. Timothy’s Classical Academy
3. STUDENT ASSESSMENT: A time will be set up for your child to visit the school during school hours.
Children entering SK or grade 1 will make a brief visit to the SK classroom to meet the teacher and spend a few minutes doing activities. Students entering grades 2 – 8 will be asked to do some desk work to test reading comprehension and French language and math skills.
4. BOARD INTERVIEW: Provided there are no concerns arising from the application or student assessment, an interview will be set up between the parents and a couple of our Board members. This generally lasts approximately 45 minutes and is an opportunity for the Board to discuss the family’s commitment to classical, Christian education and the school's vision, as well as provide the parents a chance to to raise any concerns.
5. ACCEPTANCE: If accepted, families will begin receiving information regarding the upcoming school year and will be expected to begin providing tuition payments.